The Trumpet Awards Foundation presented the 23rd Annual Trumpet Awards, a momentous occasion that paid tribute to a group of history-making honorees, Saturday, January 24 at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre in Atlanta. The 23rd Annual Trumpet Awards black-tie ceremony was hosted by Laila Ali, four-time Boxing World Champion, award-winning TV host, fitness & wellness expert, beauty brand ambassador, and author; and Dolvett Quince, known for his successes now into the fifth season of NBC’s “The Biggest Loser.” In addition, he is a celebrity trainer, has made many guest TV appearances, and is a best-selling author.
Other events and activities during Trumpet Awards weekend included the Race Relations Symposium entitled “The Continuing Quest for Equality,” held at the Ritz-Carlton hotel in downtown Atlanta, followed by a Sponsor Recognition Tribute reception, Friday, January 23. The Trumpet Awards festivities closed with the Soulful Ending held at the Hyatt Regency hotel featuring The Bar-Kays. The Trumpet Awards will air on Saturday, February 21st on TV One.
The Annual Trumpet Awards was created to celebrate and honor African American achievers and those who support the African American experience. The Awards honor accomplishments in diverse fields including law, medicine, business, politics, the Arts, civil rights, sports, entrepreneurship, entertainment and other careers.
The following is a list of the 2015 TRUMPET AWARDS honorees:
• Lou Brock – Baseball Legend
• Arnold W. Donald – President and CEO of Carnival Corporation & PLC
• Jamie Foxx – Academy Award-winning Actor, Musical Artist and Comedian
• Tommy Hilfiger—Principal Designer, Tommy Hilfiger
• Guy Vickers – President, PVH Foundation &
Senior Vice President, Global Community Relations
• The Isley Brothers – Recording Artists and Songwriters
• Janelle Monáe – Singer, Songwriter, Producer and Model
• Dr. Valerie Montgomery Rice – President and Dean, Morehouse School of Medicine
• Franklyn R. Wilson – Chairman, Sunshine Holdings, Ltd., Bahamas